If you are experiencing an issue where you can’t operate any of the pedals on the foot control then please follow the steps below.
If you have recently installed the software on the PC then ensure that you have installed the correct module.
If you are using the Mac then you don’t need to check this as there is only one software which caters for both functions.
- Dictation Module doesn’t support the use of a foot control for transcription.
- Transcription Module does support the use of a foot control for transcription.
The license key determines which module gets installed this is normally indicated on the green license slip. Alternatively this is also indicated by the first 2 characters of the license. For Transcription Module its either RT or ST while the Dictation Module is either RD or SD.
There are two ways to check if the foot control is recognised
Within the Transcription Module you will see foot control icon in the software on the bottom right
Within Device Manager on the PC the foot control will recognise as a HID compliant device for details on how to check this see the Device Vendor and Product ID page here.
- If the foot control isn’t recognised then try connecting to another USB port on the PC.
- If you have another foot control then we would recommend try connecting it to the PC
- If you have another PC then we would suggest try connecting the foot control to that PC.
- If you don’t have another foot control or another PC then we would suggest try connecting another USB device to the PC.
These tests help identify whether the problem is with the foot control or with the PC.